What: Faith in Action Northeast Regional Leadership Training
When: Wednesday, July 31st through Saturday, August 3rd. Deadline to register with VOICE is July 1st.
Where: Pendle Hill Conference Center in Wallingford, PA.
Because you will:
- Develop a personal plan of action for becoming a more effective and powerful person.
- Be encouraged to take risks and wrestle with what it takes to create positive change in today’s polarizing public arena.
- Get clearer about your own experience of power and oppression; how it has impacted you, your relationships with others, and your relationship to power; and how you can turn these experiences into power for change.
- Learn how race has been constructed and wielded to create a hierarchy of human value; how that hierarchy has been “codified” in our hearts and minds and our laws and social structures; and what we can do to change this.
- Learn the fundamentals of the Faith in Action organizing model to build collective power to dismantle this hierarchy of human value at all levels.
- Build relationships with people across race, faith and place who are committed to this common mission.
Cost? $300 which includes travel, registration, meals, and lodging. Member organizations are being asked to pay half and you would be responsible for the other half ($150). Childcare and translation services (English/Spanish) will be provided free of charge. Don’t let finances hold you back! If you are interested, please email or call us about scholarships.
To register or if you have questions, please contact your organizer or email email@example.com